Sunday, January 6, 2013

Reflecting on 2012 and looking ahead...

The last pine needle has been vacuumed out of the carpet. Even that last "straggler" Christmas decoration has been put away. (There's always one I forget about. This year it was a snowman candle on the back of the guest bathroom toilet. He was hiding from me!)

It's hard to believe another year has passed. I've been thinking a lot about 2012 and the ups and downs it brought our family. I wanted to recap here and share my thoughts on moving forward in the new year ahead.

In January, Chase had his first haircut and a great time playing in the snow.

February brought Chase's 3rd birthday, pirate style!
March was Wes's birthday, lots of outdoor playdates, and beautiful blossoms on Christian's tree. I also must mention it was March when I met Ree (aka The Pioneer Woman).

 

April was all about Christian's first birthday and finding ways to celebrate his life. One of those ways was walking in his name in the March of Dimes walk. We also celebrated Easter as well as Aunt Krystle's baby shower. Chase also had his first trip to the dentist this month.



May brought a new playset, soccer, my birthday (29 again!), saying farewell to a great friend when she moved, and strawberry picking! We also visited our cousins and went to a splash park in Louisville.




In June our nephew Luke was born, and we visited him soon after. We went to Touch-a-Truck and had big strides in the potty department! We also said goodbye to our sweet little Lilly girl, who we miss every single day.


In July we celebrated Pop's 60th birthday, Great Grandma Buente's 90th, started T-ball, and Wes and I celebrated TEN YEARS of marriage! We also visited Thomas!





August brought the state fair to Indiana, which we attended twice. Chase started sleeping in his big boy bed!



In September we had family photos taken, and were chased from Gulf Shores by Hurricane Isaac. We still had a great time in Nashville and visiting family in Evansville! Chase also started PRESCHOOL this month! We also had family photos taken for Mimi's 60th.
 








In November we celebrated ThanksgivingHalloween, and other fun fall things like Conner Prairie, and The Pumpkin Patch.
 





December was full of fun Christmas activities! Some of which I still need to share! :)




All in all, it was a full year. Full of good memories, some heartache, some trials. God once again carried us through and blessed us with our health, a home and much happiness.
For that we are grateful.
 
I think my word for 2013 will be JOY. I think in all things, I want to remain joyful. In trials, whatever comes my way - to try and see the joy in life and all that it has to offer. As a momma to an almost 4 year old, there are days that are trying. But I always want to see the sunshine through the clouds.
We have so much to be thankful for!
 
Speaking of JOY - we have been blessed with something to look forward to in 2013 that is sure to bring just that.
 
There is so much to say, so much that I have to share about how the Lord has brought us to this place of HOPE.
 
(P.S. This news is not "Facebook public" for the record, so please refrain from posting about our news! :) )

2013 is going to be a good year.
 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a fantastic year in review and so many things to be thankful for in the coming year.

Erin said...

Thank you so much!! Happy new year!!

Annie said...

Congratulations, Erin! Happy new year!

Erin said...

Thanks Annie! You too! :)

Tara K said...

I just read this and wanted you to know - I had a dream about you a week ago and you were announcing you were pregnant. :) So happy for you and your family!

Erin said...

Thanks Tara-- that's so crazy about your dream! Hope you are well!

The Beckers said...

Yay!!! This just made me tear up! So excited for you and your family! Congratulations, Erin!!

The Beckers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly Shirar said...

Erin, I'm just overjoyed for you and Wes. I had a dream about a month ago that you guys were going to be having a baby. We are very excited for you and will be praying for this sweet miracle. :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved