Monday, May 7, 2012

{Catching Up} The last few weeks

It has been a while since we updated on things around here.
 Here are some very random updates!

*******************************

We said goodbye to our beloved Altima a few weeks ago and ended up leasing a VW this time around. It is so weird to drive something new after having a car for nearly 7 years. I am such a creature of habit! I got a little misty turning it in, as we took little Chase home in that car, and he's driven around in it his entire life!
 proud Daddy leaving the hospital. Chase is so tiny here you can't even see his little head :)
heading out for newborn photos, 2 weeks old

*******************************

Wes and I joined a new gym! My old gym raised their rates AND dropped some of my favorite classes, so it was a no brainer really. The new one offers a 5:45 am Spin class Monday-Friday which is awesome. I've been trying to go to spin 3 times a week and then doing pilates and yoga too. It has been awesome fitting into jeans I haven't worn in a few years! I have worked hard to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I have now lost 31 lbs in the last 10 months. Yikes.  I guess I didn't realize how much I needed to lose. ha ha I never in a million zillion years thought I would get up early to work out, but I love getting home and showered before Chase is even up!

*******************************

We have signed Chase up for preschool soccer and t-ball lessons this spring/summer. Wes and I are so excited that he is now at the age to do things like this! I'm sure it will be hilarious to see 3 year olds trying to pay attention and learn about the rules of the game.

*******************************

MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) has one more meeting next week. I have enjoyed being in company with other Christian moms so much. I was only 4 months into my grief journey when I started, and I was very vulnerable and worried about getting back into "mom" culture. There were hard moments, like the first meeting when all the new babies born in the summer were introduced, but there have been so many blessings and friendships come from this group. I have already registered for next year and I'm looking forward to what the Lord has in store for me as I learn and grow in my role as a mother.

*******************************

My friend Liz and I are joining a summer bible study at our church on the fruit of the spirit. I'm looking forward to it very much and think it will help me stay in the word more as the busy summer months start!


I'll be back soon with a very exciting update in the world of potty training!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved