Monday, May 30, 2011

Christian's Memorial

Christian Henry's memorial was on May 14th. It was a beautiful celebration of his life and we were so blessed to have so many of our family and close friends in attendance. Wes and I planned it with the help of our wonderful church family and I am so glad that we had the day to celebrate him. The message that weaved throughout the service was one of faith, hope and love.

1 Corinthians 13:13
 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

It was a sad day, but our pastor's message filled us with peace and we felt the love of Christ and the love of our family and friends.  We are truly blessed with those that have surrounded us during this time. A few photos from the welcome table are below. I wanted to share some of the photos we have of Christian, as well as a few other keepsakes like footprints, handprints and a slideshow our wonderful photographer Rachael put together for us.


Below is the program we put together for the day. Thank you Rachael for helping us put it together, we are so grateful to you! (you can click on the images below to see a larger view of each page)




Some of the highlights of the memorial included special scripture that has meant a lot to Wes and I. 


Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Isaiah 40:31
"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint."

Pslam 139:13-14
 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Thank you to our family and friends who came to be a part of our day honoring our sweet boy. It means so much to us that you were there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved