Friday, April 22, 2011

33 weeks and an update


33 weeks, taken 4/19/11

Chase wanted to show everyone his tummy too! 

Wes and I around 32 weeks, heading to dinner with friends

Wes and I had our last OB checkup yesterday, at 33 weeks. Everything remains the same and heartbeat was good and strong. Have I mentioned how much our doctor means to us? Well, he is just great. He has done a great job with doing everything on OUR terms, being supportive and meeting our needs whenever possible. We talked with him some more about the c-section and meds I will be on. I want to be as "with it" as possible at the birth in order to spend that time with the baby and some of the drugs they can give you to help fight the possible side effects of the spinal block (nausea mainly) can make you groggy/foggy and possibly make you have some slight loss of memory. So basically if I throw up, I throw up! :) I'm not going to risk it by taking anything. I'm terrified, I'm not going to lie. I have just not allowed myself to think about the actual surgery until that day so that I don't completely overwhelm myself. We are obviously more concerned with the events AFTER the birth, so I'm trying to take it a day at a time...

We met afterwards at the hospital with the clinical supervisor and the neonatalogist. They called this week and wanted to meet with us before Tuesday and I thought it might be a good idea. It was hard. From entering the main entrance where we came to deliver Chase to riding the elevator up to labor and delivery and passing the nursery filled with a happy Dad taking photos on the way into our meeting room. It was HARD. Maybe it was good to alleviate some of that initial shock of being up there. I'm not sure. But we went over our birth plan and our wishes for the day. I also met the anesthesiologist that we'll have that day. They've "hand-picked" a nurse for us that day who I did not get a chance to meet as it was her day off...but I do feel as though they are doing everything in their power to meet our needs for the birth and afterwards. They truly have been outstanding thus far and I know God is placing special people in our lives for Tuesday's events.

******PRAYERS NEEDED*****
Some people have asked for how they can specifically pray for us. Sometimes I don't even know how to answer this question because the entire situation warrants prayer for so many different things. The main thing we ask for prayer for is for God's amazing presence in the OR that morning (Tuesday the 26th around 10 am). Our doctor has mentioned numerous times that he will not be down in spirit that day as we are going to celebrate everything we can. (I told you he was amazing!)

We also ask for peace and understanding as we deal with the loss in our lives. I also pray that Wes and I are able to hold the baby before he/she passes and I sometimes feel selfish for praying for that. I figure I can't set myself up for being disappointed if it happens because it very well could, but I am somewhat prepared for that being a reality.

Please pray for the doctors, nurses, and other staff who will be with us that day and for the days after. Pray God places caring people in our lives to help us through this difficult time.

Thank you so much for your continued support, we are so grateful for your prayers.
-Wes, Erin, Chase and baby Buente

7 comments:

Andrea Heid said...

We are thinking about all of you and praying for all of you constantly!
Love, Andrea & Chris

Anonymous said...

My aunt sent me the link to your blog, I think you are a friend of a friend to her. Anyway, I just gave birth to a stillborn baby girl, 2 weeks ago, so your story really hits home. I've been praying for you, and I hope you get to spend some time with your baby. We got to hold our little girl for just a few hours, and that is something I will cherish for the rest of my life.
-Kristy

Erin said...

Kristy,
Thanks for your prayers and post. My heart breaks for you and the pain that losing such a precious gift causes. I'll be praying for strength, peace and understanding for you and your family.
Take care,
Erin

Paiz Family Blog said...

Dear Beunte Family,
A friend of mine shared your story with me tonight asking for prayers. I am so very sorry for the heartache that you are moving through right now. I wanted to let you know that I am keeping you in prayer and will continue to do so. So wish I could do something else for you. Trusting in God's faithfulness and that He is is holding you so very close.
Love and prayers with the deepest sincerity,
Rebecca

caepc22 said...

Dear Erin and Wes,
I have absolutely no idea what you're feeling or going through, but I know that your hearts are breaking. Holding your angel and cherishing his or her life today is such a blessing to him or her. You are showing such Christlike love, and you are showing Chase what it is to be a wonderful parent. My heart and prayers are with you.

Jessica Brown said...

Hi Erin and Wes,
My name is Jessica and on Feb 23rd this year i gave birth to my little Gracie who was still born. We found out in Dec that she had potters syndrome also. I want to let you know I know what you are going thru and I am here is you need anything. Email is batman4ever0809@gmail.com or you can call/text me at 317-956-9512

Anonymous said...

Dear Erin, Wes, and Chase,
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. Saying good-bye to your little angel had to break your hearts. I'm sure that she felt your love and care and was blessed by how you chose to honor her life. May you be comforted and find peace. Love, Cheryl Hertzer

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved