Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Kindergarten

Well, we survived the first day of Kindergarten. I should say I survived. Chase was 100% ready and excited. I, on the other hand, couldn't believe it was time for my buddy to be at school all day every day. Didn't I just bring him home from the hospital?

It made it easier on me that he was looking forward to it so much. And because he is at the same school he has been at since preschool, he was comfortable and had some friendly faces greeting him that day! What a blessing our school family is.

Still, there were a few misty eyed moments leading up to this day and a good solid ugly cry once I got into the car. It is so nice to have this special one-on-one time with Will now, and I cherish every second of staying home with my boys. It is just an adjustment not having Chase around during the day.

Here are some pictures from the big day!


At Meet the Teacher/Open House

There are 22 kiddos in his class, 11 girls and 11 boys!

We had a countdown going that last week before we started, Chase loved tearing off a ring each morning. The night before Daddy had to read The Kissing Hand, and I had to keep leaving the room so he didn't see me cry. The next morning, he asked if he could draw me a kissing hand. Cue the tears again...
Chase brought his teacher a "teacher emergency kit" filled with a Starbucks gift card, chocolate, tylenol, chapstick and some other goodies. She hasn't had to use it quite yet. :)


Our handsome boy on his first day!






We are so very proud of you Chase Mark.
Go and share God's love and do great things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved