Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Ache

I haven't written much "from the heart" lately -- I feel like time is slipping away fast and it's all I can do to post the major milestones and happenings in our day to day life!
 
The truth is, this time of year is bittersweet for us. I can literally feel the ache in my heart and my body seems like it needs more rest when April arrives. My emotions are right there waiting to spill out and it doesn't take much to feel those emotions. It is a weird mix of excitement for spring and warmer weather but my anxious heart also knows there will be some hard days ahead as we remember those hard days.
 
He would be three.
 
I have thought a lot about how I didn't get to register him for preschool this past month. How, when Chase met a new little guy at My Gym the other day who was "almost three" - my heart ached and I fought back tears as they played so well and laughed together.
 
I miss him more than words can say and it just never goes away.
 
Still, we celebrate him. The little boy who changed us forever. He has taught us so much about love, about life and family and being thankful for every moment, especially the small and trivial.
 
I'll share more soon about how we plan to honor Christian this year for his 3rd heavenly birthday.
We hope you will be a part of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved