Saturday, August 17, 2013

3 Months {Will: an update}

Our big boy is three months old! It has been so fun getting to know this little guy. It's true what they say - it flies by so quickly, especially with other kiddos in the house!
 
We are learning his cries and cues and he is sleeping great at night!
We've had a good week of him sleeping anywhere from 7 to 8.5 hours for the first stretch. He seems to have dropped a night feeding. Praying it continues and isn't just the 3 month growth spurt! :) He will go back down after he nurses for anywhere from 2-3 more hours. He also takes a long morning nap around 9:00 or so, depending on when he wakes. His other naps are sporadic throughout the day, depending on how long he's been up - but usually around 1, 3, and 5 or 6. He goes to bed around 8:30 most nights and is up for the day around 7:30/8:30.  Nursing is going well (just got over thrush for the 2nd time but we caught it early this time so it didn't become too painful) and he is starting to stretch his feedings out some during the day (2-3 hours). He started wearing size 2 diapers around 2 1/2 months.
He is still on reflux meds and a daily probiotic.
I also started eating dairy again recently and it hasn't had a negative impact. Yay! :)
He is really starting to notice his hands and is beginning to reach for toys.

I can't get enough of those legs!


Some funny out takes - Will got a hold of Chase's shirt and wouldn't get go.
As you can see Chase thought it was hilarious!
 

 He seems to always have his fingers/fist in his mouth these days!

 
Dear Will,
 
 I think you are something quite special. I was afraid at first that I wouldn't bond with you immediately like I did with Chase. But our relationship is something I can't quite put into words. You have restored my hope, helped to heal my broken heart, and filled my arms with joy when they have ached to hold a baby for so very very long.
 
I love the way you light up when you look at your brother. And I can't wait to watch that bond grow. I love the way you stretch your entire body out straight as a board and flex your little baby feet whenever I change your diaper. You make us laugh (and stress out) when you start fussing at a red light because the car has stopped moving. I have to laugh when you are tired and getting fussy because you have the funniest little "wah!" and boo boo lip that comes out right before you fall asleep. :) I cherish that nursing is going well and I love when you look up at me with your big round eyes. You are so precious to us and we can't imagine life without you.
 
There are times when I have to catch my breath because I glance at your profile when you sleep. It's there that I see Christian in you. And I am so thankful for those resemblances that you have.

Happy 3 months sweet boy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved