Friday, January 18, 2013

Telling our parents...

So here is how we told our parents...
 
They all had to look at the photo for a bit since they had already seen our family pictures and how the chalkboard originally said "3" for Chase's age.
A little photoshop work made this a fun announcement!
 
I was worried about telling Chase at first. We told him a little later...I have felt so guarded and wanted to protect him.
I also feared he would think that all babies/this baby would be going to heaven too.
Just typing that makes my stomach hurt. I had prepared myself for questions, then I sat him down and told him one day that "Mommy has a baby growing in her tummy, and it is going to be a brother or a sister."
 
His reply?
"Oh."
(and then he jumped off the couch and kept playing with his toys!)
 
So you could say it wasn't a life altering conversation for him.
He has asked PLENTY of funny and interesting questions since, and is now excited and oh so sweet about the baby.

1 comments:

Tara K said...

Congratulations again Erin :) Chase is already an amazing big brother :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved