Monday, November 14, 2011

Turkey Time!

We've been talking about Thanksgiving a lot around here this week. We have been reading books about what Thanksgiving is and what foods we eat at Thanskgiving, and also what being thankful means. With Thanksgiving also comes the usual battle discussion of me wanting to get out the Christmas decorations and Wes saying it's too soon. :) We've compromised so I think I'll get everything up and leave the tree for after Thanksgiving.

This is our (crazy-eyed) Thankful Turkey. Each morning after breakfast we add a feather. I would like to note that this is a non-pinterest associated craft. :) So far our feathers say things like food, God, Jesus, our home, grandparents, Mommy and Daddy, cousins, Buzz and Woody and Lilly. In no particular order. :)

We also made Pilgrim hats. Find out how here. To my immediate family members, consider this your warning that you may or may not be asked to wear said hat at Thanksgiving.

Now, I give you....Turkey Time. This song is requested at our house daily. I wish I never found it on youtube, but what do you do when your child requests such an annoying silly song? That's right. You play it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved