Saturday, January 23, 2010

Party Planning...

I am busy planning Chase's 1st birthday party and am having way too much fun doing so. I chose one of my fave Eric Carle books, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, as the theme. Chase has the book and several toys and he has always been a fan. :) I will be sure to post pics of everything as I am making mostly everything myself.

I made a fun caterpillar cake this week as a trial run before the party. I wanted to make sure I'd have time to call the professionals if it turned out disastrous! I need to add the little feet, make the head a bit larger and maybe add the yellow details on top, but overall I was pleased. I had to use more green food coloring than I care to admit so I'm not sure whether or not I'll serve it at the party. My tongue was green for 2 days from one slice! ha ha


In other news, Chase is starting to mimic animal sounds, mainly a lion in one book that we always read. He also is catching on to body parts and knows belly button and nose so far. He is also getting the hang of "How big is Chase?/Sooo BIG!" and raises his arms when we say it (most of the time!) We went to Tiny Tales again this week and he wanted NOTHING to do with sitting still. He crawled all over the place and everyone thought he was pretty funny. He also tried mandarin oranges (I heard you were supposed to wait until 1 to try citrus? I did it anyway as no one in our family has an allergy...) and he LOVED them. He would giggle and laugh each time I placed one on his tray. So cute!

Here are some photos from the week.




Loves his car!

Playing with a cool train table at his friend's house for a playdate. Thank you Andrew for sharing all of your fun toys with us!

Hanging out with the big kids!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved