Friday, January 22, 2016

Potty Training {Will}

Will has some big news! He has been wearing big boy "undapans" for 2 weeks without an accident! We are so proud of him, and a little shocked as well.
My strong-willed child was the easy one to train! Go figure. :)

I would casually ask him here and there if he wanted to try on the potty and he wasn't interested, so I didn't push it. Chase was so difficult that I was truly dreading the process.

One day I found an old pair of Chase's underwear and asked him if he wanted to try them on. He was very enthusiastic and gave me a big "YEAH!" So he wore them for a little bit, peed ALL over the playroom, and we changed them a few more times that first day - and then after that he quickly learned to stop himself and would say "I'm peeing!" translation = I need to go!

Around the 3rd day of wearing underwear without a big accident, we ventured out to lunch.
All I could think about was the fact that he was wearing underwear and I was a nervous wreck. LOL He went to the bathroom at the restaurant and I thought that was huge!

filling up that sticker chart like a BOSS!
He would also request a "Charlie bean" aka jelly bean for the first week after each potty success. Luckily we've weaned him from those. :)

He has stayed dry the past 2 times he has been to school and at church as well.
He announced loudly at school when seeing the potty there, "WOW! It's just my size!" :)

He's been consistently staying dry during naps but now we are hitting a hard point at night. For the past few nights he has been waking up at 2 am and once at midnight screaming that he has to go potty (he's wearing a diaper during naps and nighttime)! So far he pees and goes right back to sleep. Hoping this doesn't last too long and he's able to go longer without needing to get up.

We are so proud of you Will, and you seem pretty pleased too!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved