Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Great Grandma Buente

It has taken me a bit of time to blog about life lately. 
 
Great Grandma Buente went to be with the Lord on the 11th, and we have been in Evansville with family celebrating her life here on Earth.

The center of our family


We were so blessed to have visited her just 5 days before she passed.
She got to meet Will, which is a memory we will always cherish.
Hugs for Great Grandma

Meeting Will
 
When I met Margaret I immediately knew there was something really special about her. Wes was extremely close to her and the Buentes thought the world of her, and I was no exception.  I will miss our talks on the phone the most. She was one of the best listeners I knew. She would never judge, give you advice you didn't want to hear - she'd just listen. And you knew you could always trust her with anything said. She was one of the most selfless people I've ever known in my life. She loved Jesus, and she loved PEOPLE. She was always asking about my Mom, my family - how I was doing. She genuinely cared about others.

She and I became even closer when we lost Christian. Margaret had lost three children. One at 2 months, one at 4 months, and one at 22 months old. She also lost her husband and was a widow for over 30 years. She was also a breast cancer survivor. Can you imagine? Even through all of the valleys and trials in her life - she was upbeat, funny, caring, loving and Christ like. She walked the walk of being a Christian. I hope to be one half of the woman that she was!








Grandma, you are so very missed.
To know you are with your husband, your sister, holding your three sweet babies, as well as our Christian gives us peace.
We love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved