Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Chase's class hosted a Mother's Day tea on Thursday. I knew I would be emotional about it being our last little event before baby comes. Of course when I got there he brought me this little wilted flower that he had picked while outside, so sweet. I cried through the beginning of the tea when Miss Andi was sharing the kid's little questionnaires about mommy.
 
Chase's answers:
How old is Mommy: 34, and my Dad is 35.
Mommy's hair is: brown
Mommy's eyes are: brown
What do you and mommy like to do together: play dominoes
What is your favorite thing that mommy cooks: pasta
What makes mommy smile: the things I say
 
And then the placemat and poem, I could barely get through. Hormones, I tell you what. :)
 
 
 


wearing my crown on the way home from the tea
 
We had a good Mother's Day weekend. Relaxed as much as we could. Had a movie night at home, went out for breakfast and had a very nice service at church.
sleepy heads at breakfast
It is always bittersweet, this year I find myself in an odd spot. Soaking up the little boy who made me a Mommy, missing Christian so much and wishing he was here with us, and anticipating the arrival of baby #3 tomorrow. I am thankful for all three of them.

 
Wishing my Mom and mother-in-law a very Happy Mother's Day. We love you!
Your gift will be arriving tomorrow! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved