Wednesday, May 1, 2013

37 weeks {and a prayer request}

It's May!
Baby brother's birth month is here!
I promise that Chase really, truly is excited for his brother's arrival. This photo was taken after church and running errands, and well, that's life. He's looking kinda like I've been feeling lately. Cranky, tired, but he doesn't have swollen feet at the end of a long day like I do! :)
 
I'm doing weekly updates as we only have TWO WEEKS LEFT!
 
We scheduled a C-section a few weeks back and it is on May 13th. I was a good candidate for a VBAC, and after lots of considering, tossing, turning and praying - we chose a repeat C-section. I think for us, many factors played a part. Mainly I think if we tried a VBAC and anything, even minor, went wrong we would immediately panic and worry and let ourselves go to a scary place. This way it is planned, Chase is taken care of and it is less stress on the baby. Not to mention at my appointment yesterday the doctor thought the baby was a bit "bigger." He measured ahead at my 32 week scan and had that big old whopper 90th percentile-sized head too, remember?!
 
Prayer requests:
- that I make it to this date so that we have family in town to help and that our fabulous doctor that we love so much can deliver this baby. God could have other plans, and I know when it comes to babies, they come when they want to come! I'm trying to roll with it...
 
- that our anxieties and fears about the birth are transformed into excitement and hope. Don't get me wrong here, we are excited, but we are nervous as can be and just want so badly for everything to go smoothly. All we want is to take our healthy baby home!!
 
- pray for the doctors, nurses and staff that they are guided by God's hands and are caring and understanding of our before mentioned nerves and worries.
 
I'm feeling good overall, but TIRED. I never felt this way with the other boys. I feel much more physically tired with this pregnancy, not to mention emotionally drained.
 
 
Thank you for praying for us! We are getting so close!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved