Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day {2012}

Mother's Day this year was definitely bittersweet. It's hard not to think about what it would be like with a one year old around the house.

The road to motherhood isn't easy for many, and my heart is heavy thinking about that. I know too many friends who are going through infertility, or who have suffered through miscarriages and infant loss. My heart is with those whose dreams of motherhood have yet to be fulfilled, or those that had to say goodbye to a child too soon. There is hope in the Lord, because I know He has great things in store for all of us.

Wes and Chase took me out to Scotty's Lakehouse for breakfast. We skipped church as there was also a baby dedication that morning. I hate missing church, but sometimes my heart needs a break from crying and feeling sad.
I am so thankful for both of my boys. Throughout the day I couldn't help but smile every time I looked at Chase. He made me a momma, and I am so proud of him. We went through a lot to have him, and he just means so much to me. He is my heart, and he is my greatest accomplishment. I just love him to pieces! :) I am also grateful that I was chosen to carry Christian, to be his Mom, and to be able to celebrate his short little life. I hope I can always honor his memory in everything I do as his mother.
That afternoon we planted some flowers, I took a great nap and went to yoga. We grilled out and just spent the evening together. It was a pretty perfect day! I also spotted this in our sunroom window and wanted to share.
Don't those look like little baby feet under Christian's stained glass?

Because I look for signs, I thought it was kinda neat to see these right under his window and no where else, on Mother's Day, in the shape of little baby footprints. I'm not sure what they are (bug eggs of some sort?) but I thought it was cool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved