Monday, December 19, 2011

Santa, Blessing Bags and Breakfast in Bethlehem

Trying to get the blog up to date with some recent Christmas activities. We took Chase to our local library for a Christmas party last week:
Crafting with Daddy


Santa stopped by for a visit


*************************

Something a lot of us think about during the holidays is giving back. As I look through the Toys-R-Us catalog and gather presents for my family I am always aware that I, along with everyone I know, has so much to be thankful for. I have been thinking and praying about something that I could DO. Before Thanksgiving I was reading Joy's Hope, a blog that I love - and she was talking about how she put together blessing bags for the homeless to keep in your car. I felt like God was trying to tell me that this was something small that I could do to help in some small way. I'm not afraid to admit that I lock my car doors when I see a homeess person and think if I give someone money they will spend it on something besides food or water! But especially during the holidays my heart is still heavy for them. So I decided to put some together at Thanksgiving for family members and recently my friends and I put some together at a playdate at our friend Melissa's. When everyone pitches in, it doesn't take much, and it's a great thing to do around the holidays to share with your kiddos that when we give to others we are a reflection of God's love.

Things we included were socks, hand warmers, hand sanitizer, a small bottle of water, crackers, soap, granola bar, chapstick, tylenol, lotion, wipes,etc.

Here are some pics of our happy helpers!
Matthew (top right) provided some really sweet homemade notes for our bags!

Chase helping out, the assembly area, us with our bags!

********************************************

The following pictures are from the Breakfast in Bethlehem event at our Church we attended a few weekends ago. Chase was a HUGE fan of the pancakes.

sausage. pancakes. sticky, syrupy hands. happiness!

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord."
Luke 2:11

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved