Saturday, December 10, 2011

Missing Dad

Today my Dad has been gone for 18 years. I can't believe it has been that long. I miss him so much, all the time. Since losing Christian a lot of the grief for him has returned and somedays I am just so sad over it. I hate that I can only tell Chase about his Grandpa Mark through pictures and stories. He was hands down the funnest Dad, the one that everyone wanted to be around. He was so good at telling a story and could make the best funny faces. I have so many fun memories from my childhood of my Dad. I will always remember that when I was growing up he was just happy being together as a family. Spending time with each other was important to him. Taking me and my 5th grade friends fishing or scaring us silly during a Halloween party by peeking into the windows of our house are some of the ones I remember so vividly.

I have some peace in knowing my Dad is in heaven with our boy Christian. I know they enjoy being together and love each other so much. It's a hard thing to grasp on this side of things, but knowing I'll see them again is a huge blessing from God.

Missing you today and always Dad!

1 comments:

Kelli said...

I wish I had been online to honor this anniversary with you. I'm sure your dad was a wonderful man, and he would be very proud of the woman you have become since he's been gone.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved