Wednesday, July 13, 2011

9 years...

Today Wes and I are celebrating. We have been married for 9 years! It's hard to believe it's been so long....and hard to believe I have known him since I was just 19 years old. It sometimes seems like a lifetime ago but also like yesterday when I think of pulling up to that Lambda Chi fraternity house.

Do you know the story?

I didn't want to go! My good friend and sorority sister Jenni asked me and 4 other gals to join her to visit her twin brother at Purdue University, a 4-hour drive. One way. Her brother lived in the Lambda Chi house, so that is where we went! As we made the drive I remember being cranky about it. :) I had been up late the night before and wanted a weekend to chill out. But I went along as I promised I would. As we pulled into the house I remember saying "Oh, who knows..maybe I'll meet my husband this weekend..." CRAAAAAZY. But true. The rest is history... 
The Dip. July 13th, 2002

Wes and I were able to celebrate this past weekend. Thank you Grandma and Pop Buente for watching Chase and for taking him to the Children's Museum! Wes and I had a nice lunch out, did some shopping... I even fit a spin class in there somewhere! That evening, we headed to Peterson's for dinner and saw Horrible Bosses (a bit crude but we laughed 'til we cried!) It was a great date night.

We've been through so much this year, but I can't imagine anyone else by my side through it all.
Love you! Here's to the future and many more years!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved