Thursday, June 9, 2011

My fluttering friend...

Chase and I hit the park today...we played on the playground and ran through the trees...

 Then we fed the swan:


When we headed back to our car, I saw this on my car door:
Now I know it's kind of hard to see, but it's a painted lady butterfly. The same type we released for Christian after his memorial. Of course I grabbed my camera and got this shot. I put Chase in his carseat and then began to look for my fluttering friend again. Sure enough, he was there. He flew right at me and landed on my shirt! Then he flew away, only to come right back to land on my camera strap. Then he'd flutter away and come back and land somewhere on the car...



I couldn't believe it... and I had such a weird sense of peace and I had to laugh outloud when it would flutter around me. I'm sure people in the parking lot thought I had LOST MY MIND! Sometimes I wonder if I am looking for signs when they aren't really there, but nothing like this has really ever happened to me before so I have to think it's Christian reminding me he's ok. The butterfly was flying around for nearly 5 minutes. At one point I put my hand on the car and the butterfly flew right to my hand!


I swear that butterfly was looking at me. Go ahead and laugh, but I swear that he was! :) It was just an amazing experience that I had to share!

2 comments:

Tara K said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I have NO doubt it's your sweet Christian letting you know he's okay!

Just wondering..... said...

Oh my! Beautiful! I work with your Mom and she shared this site with me after my friend and her husband lost their baby today. She was 8 months pregnant. The umbilical cord was wrapped around the baby's neck. SOOOO sad! Thank you for this Blog. I will surely share this with the 2 of them.
Bless you Erin for your faith in Jesus Christ and sharing this to all of us!Cindy

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved