Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Baby Update...31 weeks

We are at 31 weeks... overall I am feeling good - just getting easily tired and a bit achey at the end of the day. With little fluid I feel baby's movements so much more and differently than I remember with Chase. Today's OB appointment went well... as well as one could given the circumstances. Baby is still breech and heartbeat was nice and strong at 150. (No ultrasound today). Still measuring behind due to low fluid. Baby continues to grow but is still in the lower percentile for weight. We talked to my primary OB today about the c-section and got her opinion on it. We feel strongly this is the way we will go. We've prayed a lot about it and we feel a great need to see our baby alive. We don't know how much time we will have. It could be 30 minutes or it could be 3 hours...I guess overall it comes down to having time with our baby and what we would be able to live with and what we might regret. I won't handle it well if we chose to deliver and the baby passed during labor knowing we could have done something to change that outcome. God has given us amazing doctors that are willing to do this for us. I've heard otherwise from some ladies from my online support groups. I'm obviously worried about recovery with Chase but we will have plenty of help afterwards. I have some peace in knowing the decision we've made and it being a step in moving forward.
31 weeks  4/6/11
My OB was very kind today...it was our last appointment together as she leaves for maternity leave tomorrow. It was definitely bittersweet as I wished her luck on her delivery and then sat and cried over our situation. As we hugged goodbye she said she was sorry that she couldn't be there for the birth and she would continue to pray for us. She said she's glad that we had our faith to lean on in this as she knows how important that is. It was just a sad moment and I found myself wishing so badly that all of this wasn't really happening and that in June she'd be back from her leave and we'd be delivering our baby too.

Our next appointment is next Friday the 15th where we may very well schedule the c-section. Please pray for guidance as we are hoping the doctor is able to pick this date for us. I'm not sure either of us have the strength to do that...
Please continue to pray for peace with these decisions and for happy days and moments. We so appreciate everyone who is reading our blog and who is praying for us through this journey. Some of you we have never even met! We love getting the comments on the blog and your emails mean so much to us...
-Wes, Erin, Chase and Baby Buente

2 comments:

The Roberts said...

Still praying and thinking about you guys everyday.

Kara Masi said...

You are in my prayers daily!

I don’t know what it’s like to be in the home stretch- I was just at the end of my 2nd T when we lost Filomena. But, you and I both know the pain of having to make decisions that no parent should ever have to make. Decisions that people don’t always seem to understand (like Dr’s not wanting to perform a C-Section) and decisions that can change how we think forever.

You not only have my prayers, but, the prayers of my little angel in heaven.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved